HR1: Legislation by & for the people. 3 sections: Voting Rights, Money & Politics, Ethics Reform
In November, voters sent a clear message across the country that they are ready for bold, comprehensive democracy reforms. Now, the League is working with a broad coalition of over 100 organizations to draft and shape HR1, a policy reform package that will include key democracy provisions
- Voter registration: Modernizing the registration process through the expansion of automatic voter registration (AVR), online voter registration, same day registration (SDR)
- Implementing fair redistricting: It's time to end gerrymandering once and for all so that voters select their elected officials + not the other way around nation-wide.
- Outlawing voter purging: Prohibiting illegal voter roll purging will ensure that eligible voters will not find themselves wrongfully stripped of the right to vote.
- Restoring the VRA: Restoring the Voting Rights Act will strengthen our elections by cutting back the obstructive laws that have kept eligible voters from exercising their right at the ballot box.
- Public Funding: Enable a 6:1 funding for any new candidates who wish to participate. This is not mandatory. It is optional.
- Disclose Act: Transparency of donors in Federal Elections. 2018 was the highest funding ever - $5 billion election
Contact your Representative to ensure that these key provisions stay in the bill. HR1 is a bold legislation to return POWER TO THE PEOPLE!